We Make Spaces Safer
Clean Air Products
The thetaOne Air Sanitizer is a wall-mounted unit utilizing a quiet fan and a powerful UV-C exposure chamber to effectively eliminate airborne pathogens
We are pleased to announce our patent has been approved.
US Patent #11357882 Method, Apparatus and System for Reducing Pathogens in a Breathable Airstream in an Environment. Issued June 14th, 2022. International Patents Pending.
Compare uvcPhyzx with Other Systems
Most device claims do not cite an actual lab test, test method, or time duration of test.
ucvPhyzx products have been independently tested by RTI International. Read the report.
Most other systems have not published CARm standard approved numbers.
The uvcPhyzx thetaOne machine produces sanitized air at 156 cubic ft per min/ CARm.
Most devices only trap pathogens on a filter rather than inactivating them or have UV of low power and effectiveness. Also many other devices are attached to an HVAC system.
Our patented technology uses a UV Illumination chamber to kill pathogens, and runs independently without an HVAC system.
Other products emit harmful UV light into the room and produce dangerous levels of noise.
Our products completely contain UV light and are low-noise and low-maintenance.
- uvcPhyzx thetaOne is the production version of our betaOne device
- Certification testing completed in Sep 2021 by RTI International – Research Triangle NC*
- thetaOne Beta device delivers 156 cfm CARm
- CARm (Clean Air Rate-microbial) measures the rate of disinfected air delivery from the device
- CARm is the “gold standard” measure of clean air delivery developed by RTI (source: Karin K. Foarde (1999) Methodology to Perform Clean Air Delivery Rate Type Determinations with Microbiological Aerosols, Aerosol Science and Technology, 30:2, 235-245)
- thetaOne can be run continuously with occupants in the room - No UV light is emitted from the device
- The room and the device act together as a “system” to enhance air processing
- thetaOne pulls air from the floor where pathogen concentration is highest and delivers clean air to the ceiling to circulate without need for HVAC assistance
- thetaOne provides sufficient circulation to process ALL of the air in the room instead of only in a localized area
- Testing was done with MS2 pathogen which is much more difficult to inactivate than SARS-CoV-2; SARS-CoV-2 is 10 times more susceptible to UV inactivation (source: Christopher M. Walker and GwangPyo Ko Effect of Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation on Viral Aerosols, Environmental Science & Technology 2007 41 (15), 5460-5465)
What does it do?
Air passes through an intense UV-C Photon field in the illumination cavity where photon energy disrupts the DNA and RNA structures eliminating a pathogen’s ability to replicate.
How do you know it works?
RTI, an independent testing lab certified the device with a Clean Air Rate microbial (CARm) of 156 CFM using MS2 (a SARS-CoV-2 surrogate virus which is 10 times more difficult to inactivate). Our device is equally effective on other pathogens such as flu virus.
What makes it special?
Our Innovation is that we inactivate pathogens without the need for noisy HEPA filtration using our novel approach of Photon Density. We take the most heavily-laden viral air from near the floor of the room and discharge sanitized air into the upper room. Our device and the room comprise a “system” designed using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to create “Clean Air Zones” to targeted areas within a room.
What do you mean “System”?
Each unit is suitable for a given amount of room volume and desired air changes per hour. If the room exceeds this volume, we add additional units. How the units interact tailors the clean air distribution within the space. One unit is suitable for an office, two for a typical conference room, and 2-3 for a classroom or training room.
How does the device “Save Energy”?
Suggested solutions for improving indoor air quality include increased filtering in HVAC systems or opening windows for fresh air. These techniques significantly increase energy usage. Our system operates full time without need for HVAC or outside air. There is no increased load due to filtration or need to heat/cool/humidify outside air saving energy over alternatives.